Virginia Christening Gown
A portrait collar of richly embroidered silk dupioni frames baby's sweet face in our classically designed christening gown. Full description below.
In Stock--Ships within one day
The Virginia christening gown is pictured here with our exclusive Heirloom Bouffant Christening Slip.
- 3-piece set includes gown, cotton slip, and bonnet
- Color: pearl white (a rich, creamy shade between white and ivory)
- Fabric: silk dupioni (a subtly textured fabric woven from a double strand of silk yarn in a plain weave pattern--the yarn is uneven and varies in width, creating a series of natural horizontal "slubs", which should not be considered flaws, as they make up the unique character of the fabric)
- Floral-embroidered silk collar, bodice inset, bonnet inset and skirt band
- Button closure
- 100% silk ribbon bonnet ties
- Heirloom-style open back for ease of presentation (buttons part-way down)
- Optional slip embroidery placement is off-center front, near the hem (click on embroidery options, above, for details)
- Length: 32-33" (depending on size)
- Dry clean only
- Made in USA
It's important to measure before you order!
- This size chart reflects actual body measurements: we add wearing ease to the garments
- If your child's measurements fall between sizes, choose the larger size
- Some styles may not be available in all sizes
- Gown lengths are approximate
||Approximate Gown Length
(shoulder to hem)
||6-9 1/2 lb
||10-14 1/2 lb
||18 1/2-22 lb
||22 1/2-25 lb
||25 1/2-28 lb
||28 1/2-30 lb
Posted by Unknown on 22nd May 2013
With the price, I thought the material would be nicer, if I knew it wasn't as nice, I would have bought the 55.00 gown instead. The dress is not worth the price
Posted by Beth on 28th Jan 2011
I bought this dress 2+ years ago for my daughters christening. The dress and the pictures were stunning. I just christened my second daughter and the dress looked equally as beautiful.Truly an heirloom!
Posted by Jimena on 3rd Dec 2010
This is a beautiful gown!
My daughter is going to look stunning on her baptism.
The fabric feels very nice to the touch.
Thank you One Small Child!
Posted by Gissel on 17th May 2010
I got this gown for my daughter christening and it was just simply gorgeous. I love it! she looked amazing it fit her great.